Horsham Quakers have been worshipping on the Worthing road site for over 300 years, although the current Grade 2 listed building dates from the 1780's. It is home to Quakers in Horsham, and is also a busy community building hosting a variety of local groups and organisations seven days a week.
MEETING FOR WORSHIP TIMES
of all faith or none are most welcome at our meetings.
Just turn up
and experience for yourself the power of silent worship.
SUNDAY: 10.30 - 11.30 am
* Tea, coffee and social time afterwards
* Children's Meeting on the first Sunday of each month.
WEDNESDAY: Lunchtime 12.15 -12.45 pm
* Time for quiet refreshment in the middle of a busy week
* Tea, coffee and social time afterwards. (Bring your lunch to eat with us if you wish).
Quakers share a way of life rather than a set of beliefs, dogma or creed. We seek to experience God directly within ourselves, in our relationships, and with the world around us. These direct encounters with the Divine are where Quakers find meaning and purpose.
Our central beliefs ...
- The light of God is in everyone.
- Direct, personal communication with the Divine.
- All are equal before God.
- Religion is about the whole of life.
- Simplicity in worship style and way of life.
- Peace, Integrity, Justice and Equality for all people.
- Respect for, and commitment to, a sustainable environment.